The Knight Residence is committed to complying with all UK environmental legislation and endeavours to achieve recognised “best practice” related to the management, operation and activity of the Hotel.
We believe that as a business we have a responsibility, not only to minimise our impact on the environment, but also to make our environmental policy a key and integral part of our business strategy.
We are committed to a day to day policy which will minimise our environmental impact. Examples of this would be that we recycle glass, plastics, paper and cardboard and that we use energy saving bulbs and recycled paper wherever possible.
- We encourage our guests to minimise the environmental impact of their stay through education/guest information. Where possible we will inform our guests and visitors about the differences they can make by saving energy and water during their stay.
- We actively support a number of local charities with fund raising activities. We understand that we can make a positive contribution to the community in our geographical location.
- We are active participants and members of our local residents association and also our local area business association.
- We actively promote a culture of environmental responsibility throughout our company through training and education. All members of The Knight Residence are encouraged to improve the environmental impact of their activities. Our environmental policy is an integral part of our induction and training programmes.
- We actively try to minimise the amount of non-recyclable waste produced by the hotel and staff members.
- We endeavour to limit noise pollution at all times of the day.
We regularly review our environmental policy and the ways in which it continues to be implemented – rather than a passive document, our policy is a way of working and living in our local environment, with an eye to the wider consequences of our actions.